What Does This Mean?
Our facility voluntarily underwent a thorough evaluation by The Joint Commission. The goal of the evaluation? To see if our facility meets the Joint Commission’s rigorous performance standards in delivering quality, safe care. By meeting these standards, our facility received The Gold Seal of Approval® – an internationally recognized symbol of quality.
The Joint Commission accredits and certifies more than 22,000 health care programs worldwide and focuses on continually improving health care by setting the highest standards for health care quality throughout the world. In setting the standards, The Joint Commission consults doctors, nurses, and quality and safety experts to review the current standards and make recommendations for improvements.
Accreditation and Certification
Achieving accreditation and/or certification means that our staff has made an extra effort to review and improve the key areas that can affect the quality and safety of your care.
Accreditation and certification by The Joint Commission are considered the gold standard in health care. Specially trained health care professionals who are experts in their fields visited this facility to conduct a review that monitors how well our staff:
- provide a safe environment for your care
- educate you about the risks and options for your diagnosis and treatment
- protect your rights as a patient, including your privacy rights evaluate your condition, before, during and after diagnosis and treatment
- protect you against infection
- plan for emergency situations